Wednesday, January 23, 2008

GODHAMBHU PUTTU


This is another recipe which I got from my mother in law. Before marriage I hardly knew cooking. Only thing I used to do was making tea and rolling chapathies. So after marriage when I moved with hubby I used to call my mom almost daily  to ask for the recipes, Slowly I learned basic recipes from my mom. Thank god for one thing whatever I cooked even before I knew cooking my hubby ate without any complaint.... :)


During my college days I went to my friends house for a visit and her mom gave me this godhambhu puttu ,before that I never had that puttu before.My mother doesn't make it.I liked it very much but I didn't ask her mom for the recipe because I was not keen to cook at that time.

Hubby told me that his mother used to make this puttu at home and it was just like rice puttu. so I decided to try it like our rice puttu,but it was an utter flop!! First time when I tried it puttu podi was so wet and big big lumps came out and I couldn't break it,so I added more water and made dosa,dosa also didn't came well as there was lumps :( I tried one more time but it was again a flop so I dropped the idea to make puttu.


After a few months my mother in law came to stay with us for few months and at that time she told me that there is a measurement for adding water and atta.We have to boil water and then add the atta to boiling water and stir continously so that lumps doesn't form. Finally I learned to make godhambnu puttu.


Ingredients
Wheat flour - 3 cup
Water - 1 cup
Grated coconut
Salt


Preparation
Boil water adding salt ,when it starts to boil add wheat flour and stir continously.Then take the puttu maker and layer grated coconut and puttu podi and steam it for 5 minutes.

No comments: