Monday, January 18, 2010

Rava idly


Ingredients

Rava - 1 cup
Yogurt - 1 cup
Water - 1/2 cup(as required)
carrot -1 (very finely chopped)
Urad dal- 1tsp
Green chillies -2
Curry leaves - few
Asafoetida -pinch
Baking soda -1/4 tsp
Salt

Preparation

In a pan take some oil and sputter mustard seeds,add urad dal and stir until it becomes light brown.Add finely chopped carrot, green chillies and curry leaves and stir for few seconds.Add rava and asafoetida and stir until rava gets roasted.Allow it cool down.
Add yogurt and water to the rava mixture and mix well.Finally add salt and baking soda to the batter.Pour the batter into a greased idly maker and steam it for 15 seconds.

11 comments:

Sushma Mallya said...

last week only i had tried it from one blog,came out really well...next will try ur version,adding carrots to it is really a good idea and looks delicious,Nicely presented it vineetha

Namitha said...

I do the same seasonings for the normal idli...because someone in my family doesn't like ravaidli :-)this looks perfect Vineetha...

gtyuk said...

miam miam, rava idlis look appetizing with that coconut chutney!!!

Sowmya said...

beautiful pic...n nice and easy recipe too..thanks

Rohini said...

Yum yum..Looks so inviting!!

Tina said...

Perfect and yummy idli....

Padhu Sankar said...

I rarely prepare rava idly and that too I use MTR rava idly mix.I will try yours.Looks delicious!It is so simple.

Dolly Sharma said...

Wow Vineetha, I just fell in love with ur Instant and healthy Rava Idly. This I will try soon and let you know. I can imagine the taste with some piping hot and tangy sambar.LOve ur inviting Click..I hope ur little one is doing good..I hope All IZZ WELL ...

Unknown said...

sadarana rava idili enikishtamilla but this looks thakarpan....:)

Ash said...

Lovely rava idlies Vinee, Perfect they look... Very tempting & makes me hungry again.... I have become a glutton these days..may be....


Ash...
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Nithu Bala said...

This looks so perfect..Love this..looks so tasty..