Sunday, November 18, 2012

Birthday Cake with Edible Handmade Wine Bottle, Books and Cheese !


I made this cake for my friends Pappa. My friend wanted a personalised cake for him to make his birthday really special, so she wanted a cake with  stuffs  that he loves ( Wine bottle,books and cheese ). I started doing home home work, thinking about the different options..First option  was to make 3 D cake,making all the those stuffs with cake which I knew was a big challenge and I was not even sure how it would turn out,other plan was to keep it simple by making a sheet cake and making fondant books,cheese and bottle .I told her the 2 options and she was happy with the seond one which was quite an easy one compared to the other one.
 
 
I made the wine bottle by colouring fondant with  green paste colour and then added a pinch of cmc, rolled it to log and made it thinner for the neck.Covered the neck with a kitchen foil which I previously wrapped on a original wine bottle neck for the neck effect.Making Books was easy, I made square shaped fondant and placed them inside  coloured fondants  which i rolled to sheets , I cut the excess off and then I ran a knife around the edges of book to show the papers.Cheese was the simplest, just make a rough traingle shape with yellow fondant and with a finger gently press on top and sides to make small wells !
 
The cake was a vanilla cake with swiss meringue buttercream which was her choice .

17 comments:

Roshni said...

perfect one! very impressive

Swathi said...

Beautiful cake . You are perfectionist.

Priya Suresh said...

Amazing and mindblowing job, thats a super cute birthday cake.

Sherin said...

spectacular. Great job dear

Vidya Chandrahas said...

Perfect and beautiful cake.

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Hat's off to you Vineetha..Wonder how long it took to prepare this...Looks wonderful

Unknown said...

great job.. cant take off my eyes from the cake :)

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Wow Vini, awesome job girl. Done so well to perfection :)

Suja Manoj said...

Perfectly made dear..great job!

Julie said...

wow..awesome cake,yummy & great work dear!!
Join my ongoing EP events-Asafoetida OR Fennel seeds @ Divya's Culinary Journey

K@nn(())raan*خلي ولي said...

കാണാനുള്ള ഭംഗി കഴിക്കുമ്പോഴും ഉണ്ടാവുമല്ലോ.
ഞങ്ങള്‍ ശ്രമിച്ചു നോക്കട്ടെ കേട്ടോ.
ആശംസകള്‍

Vineetha Sush said...

@Kann
If u wonder how the cake tasted pls go to facebook page of the blog and have a look at the comment under this post by my friend.

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Awesome work dear...Love the perfection and patience u have put here...Great job dear..

Anonymous said...

Nice work Vineetha..........

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

Thanks u Vineetha for letting me know u have posted this, have been eagerly waiting to see it :-)

Mind blowing job girl...lovely! I really like ur attention to detail and the lovely color combos used....i'm sure u spent a lot of time making this cake...Hats off to u!! Hoping to see many more :-)

lubnakarim06 said...

Gorgeous work out there....keep rocking.....

shilpa said...

Very beautiful. Love all the details