Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Scobee Doo Cake


 
When my friend Z first talked about the Scoobee doo cake her lil one wanted for his birthday I didnt even knew who scobee was ...watched a little bit of scobee online to get an idea of the character and found out that he is an  always hungry dog who loves his food.Scobee and his friends had a van called Mystery van and with all this things in mind I drew a sketch with 3D figures.I also had a back up plan if my scobee figure was not coming out well, it was just to draw a scobee on the cake !

The birthday boy wanted a vanilla cake so it was a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and swiss meringue icing. If u are  wondering why my cakes and frostings are always the same ..well that just because thats  what they all prefer,so next time when I am doing a cake personally I have an awesome filling recipe which I tried rescently so stay tuned , will be posting that one soon :)

Scobee and party food were made from fondant and mystery van was made from rice krispy treats frosted with  buttercream icing and covered in fondant.You can find my recipe for rice krispy treats here.I used readymade fondant for making figurines  and for covering the cake I made homemade marshamllow fondant which taste much better than readymade one.Usually I have seen people leaving the fondant away when they eat the cake,even  I personally used to do the same  but I found that homemade fondants are a hit and people eat it !
 
 Will post the recipe of home made fondant soon to..Its almost time for me to go and pick my lil one from nursery so until next time..see u !

15 comments:

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

really awesum cake...cant`keep quite 2 appreciate u.great work dear.if possible try post step bystep pics next time.may help others 2 learn little bit..

pepper bowl said...

Best birthday cake which I have ever seen...great job!! Love it

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Vinee, loved that cute little Scoobee Doo. Well made and arranged dear, love your enthu and confidence playing around with character/theme cakes.

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

As i said before its an adorable cake...

n i totally agree with u on homemade fondant...can u beleive , the first fondant cake I ever tasted was my own, and I really liked my fondant , so I could never understand y ppl peeled it off, until I tasted a store bought one recently... :-)

I have a marshmallow fondant recipe if u wanna try it out...its in my Crib cake post.

Regards,
Manju
http://manjuseatingdelights.blogspot.com

Subhie Arun said...

Really awesome cake !!!

Swathi said...

Beautiful cake, You did very well. Marshmallow fondant is one I know, But not tried yet.

Julie said...

yummy cake dear,loved scooby doo:)

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, loads of efforts,such a beautiful and very cute scobee doo cake,damn cute.

Sailaja said...

Lovely cake

great-secret-of-life said...

looks so yummy and beautiful cake
http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

KitchenKarma said...

Awesome cake Vineetha...looks super cute :-)

Vimitha Durai said...

Beautifully decorated gal... Kudos to u

Reshmi Mahesh said...

A beautifully done cake...Loks so cute..I totally agree about the fondant...I never eat them when on store bought ones...Should try home made sometime..

Finla said...

Wow that is a beautifully decorated cake, you friends lil one must hav ebeen so happy.

My Kitchen Antics said...

you are getting toooooooo good at this vineeee :)
good job, may you get lots more orders :)