Sunday, December 28, 2014

Lemon and dry fruit biscotti


It was last year I got to eat  some home -made biscotti from Suchi,  ever since I have been  keen on   making it  at home but  like many other recipes I wanted to try  and lost track off , this one got forgotten too ! This year after making my some Christmas fruit cake, I had some left over mixed dry fruits and was looking for something to make with it and that’s when I saw a biscotti recipe in foodoclious pictured. It was a simple recipe and I had almost all ingredients handy. It seemed liked a perfect recipe to bake with my son.  I always bake with my boy during holidays and he is such a good helper apart from the mess he makes and extra cleaning up I have to do afterwards! Anyway I decided to choose this recipe to bake together and as usual he was super excited and he did most of the job except grating the lemon zest and cutting the biscotti diagonally..yes that’s how simple it is. He waited eagerly to get the biscotti out from the oven and was so happy to feed us his biscotti J. They are so addictive and we have been munching on them non -stop till it got finished!

Before I go to the recipe, let me all wish you a very Happy New year. I  will see you all  again in 2015 !!



Ingredients (makes 10 biscottis)
Plain flour / Maida – 1 ¼ cup
Baking Powder – ½ tsp
Salt – a pinch
Egg – 1
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Mixed dry fruits – ½ cup (Mine had  raisins , sultanas, cranberries etc)
Lemon zest – 1 ts( use unwaxed lemon)
Lemon extract – ½ tsp
Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
Olive oil – ¼ cup

Method
  • Sift flour, baking powder, salt and keep it aside.
  • In a bowl break one egg, add lemon zest, sugar, lemon and vanilla extract and beat until mixed.
  • Tip in the flour and dry fruits and knead to get a smooth dough.
  • Place the dough onto a floured surface and roll them into rectangle 10” * 3 “
  • Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 30 minutes
  • Take it out and cool if for 15-20 minutes and then cut it diagonally into ½ inch slices and pop them back in the oven and bake for 12 -15 minutes flipping the sides in between.
  • Cool completely before storing them in a airtight container.

 



8 comments:

Unknown said...

They look perfect Vinee and thank you so much for the mention.

Just love the pic with tea and biscotti. Happy new year to you and family

Rafeeda AR said...

such beautiful pics dear... i guess u just have a complex! :P I tried my hands at biscottis just once and it crumbled in front of my eyes, so didn't try it again... :/ but urs looks so delicious and tempting...

Julie said...

looks crunchy n yummy biscotti..lovely pics!!

Suja Manoj said...

Perfect with a cup of tea,perfectly baked

FLAVZCORNER said...

I love biscotti and they go well with warm milk or tea. Lemon and fruit version sounds yum!!

Unknown said...

Biscotti looks great perfect for an evening snack with cup of tea

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

Even i've always wanted to try making biscotti, but donno why havent tried it till now...these look so easy to make...
Happy New Year to you also :)

Lisa Edward said...

Excellent post about the snack..Dry fruits are good for health..