Friday, July 21, 2017

Pazham pori


Hello all,
This has been a long break and this time there is a good reason. Some of my friends in FB and Insagram already know why.. ..It was a surprise for many of them indeed J. After long 8 years gap I have become a mum again. We have blessed with another boy, my not so little boy is a proud big B and is enjoying his new role.  Time is already flying and baby is 21/2 months now. I had the luxury of parents helping me until now but they are going to fly back home in a week’s time, that means cooking and blogging might  take a back seat for the time being , but time to time I will pop in and say hello here J
Today’s recipe is Amma’s special pazham pori. She makes pazham pori every now and then, especially when friends visit us to see the baby and it has been a hit with everyone. She doesn’t have any measurements for any recipe, so she took the effort of measuring all the ingredients for me when I told her I want to blog it. I know if I keep it for another day I will forget all about it so this recipe is coming almost straight from the plate !


Ingredients
Ripe plantain/ etha pazham /nenthra pazham – 2 small
For batter
Plain flour/ Maida – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup (as required)
Sugar – 3-4 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Turmeric powder (optional) -  a pinch ( for colour)
Oil for frying)
Method 
  •        Cut the plantain into two halves and slice each halves lengthwise into 3 pieces. You will be left with 6 pieces.  Do the same with the other plantain.
  • ·      Make a batter by mixing all the ingredients mentioned under “for batter “. You might not need all of the water. Batter should not be too thick or too loose.
  •        Dip the plantain slices in the batter and deep fry in hot oil for about 4 minutes flipping the sides until golden colour. 

2 comments:

Anupa Joseph (Palaharam) said...

wow... adipoli.... Wish I had some for my tea today...

Congrats once again ... hope both you and baby are doing good.. and welcome back to blogging :)

Rafeeda AR said...

So glad to see you back... and that too with some awesome pazhamporis! I hardly make these unless the kids demand but just like your mother, mine makes it whenever she feels like we need something for chaayakadi... and isn't it the best! Simple and fulfilling... congrats on your little boy once again...